This year has been another of significant impact to our members. Our members have been impacted from flooding up in Lismore all the way down to the Victorian border. Staff shortages have hit us hard in our courts and in our centres. Staff assaults are on the increase and COVID just will not go away.
During all this you, the employee and the member, have stood steadfast and professional. You continue to go to work and ensure that not only do you protect each other you protect the communities you live in and the state of NSW.
The Christmas period is a time for most people to slow down and enjoy this time with family and friends. However, this is not the case for all of us who may be working. The POVB Executive wants to wish every member a safe and merry Christmas and New Year. If you are working, we hope that you get to enjoy some time with family and friends.
Thank you for the support you have all shown the Executive throughout the year. To the Delegates in the subbranches we thank you for ensuring that high standards of Work Health Safety and protections of members are maintained in your locations. It is a thankless job raising members’ concerns, but you all show a dedication and commitment that helps us do our job and gets positive results for the members.
The PSA will shut down from 22 December 2022 to 9 January 2023. This means the PSA will have limited staff on in the Member Support Centre.
If you or your centre has an issue the following people from the POVB executive will be on call:
- Chairperson Nicole Jess will be on call throughout the above period.
- Vice Chairperson Jason Charlton is on recreation leave until mid-January 2023.
- Country Vice Chairperson Darren King is available after 27 December 2022.
- Country Vice Chairperson Thor Sutherland is available from 30 December 2022.
- Secretary Natalie Howes is available from 26 December 2022.
- Assistant Secretary Andrew Brown is available from 2 January 2023.